Steve Arrington spent some time in Saltlands Studio combing through old tapes and mixing with engineer Jim Smith for Arrington’s upcoming release Way Out 80-84. The album is a retrospective of Arrington’s work which includes some unreleased material due out on September 29 2014. Read what FACT Magazine has to say about it, pre-order it on Bandcamp or preview “Without Your Love” right here.
Smith mixed “Without Your Love”, “Funk & Roll Junky”, “Crazy About You”, “Why”, and “Mysterious Woman”.
Wild Leaves are releasing a new EP in October 2014 entitled Hello Sunshine. It was recorded to analog tape at Saltlands Studio with engineer Bob Mallory. Check out the video of their first single “Forever Moonlight“. It’s soooo good! [update: Wild Leaves play at Glasslands on 7/20.] Website | Bandcamp | Soundcloud | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Vimeo
Saltlands recently added a vintage stereo dbx 160 Compressor / Limiter to the gear list.
- FUNK LEGEND STEVE ARRINGTON’S “WAY OUT 80-84″
- SALTLANDS ADDS NEVE 33609 J/D STEREO BUSS COMPRESSOR
- RACCOON FIGHTER AT MERCURY LOUNGE 8/1
- PAUL MEGNA AT PETE’S CANDY STORE 7/24
- ISADORA AT MERCURY LOUNGE 7/23
- WILD LEAVES VIDEO FOR “FOREVER MOONLIGHT”
- WILD LEAVES AT GLASSLANDS 7/20
- dbx 160 COMPRESSOR / LIMITER ADDED TO SALTLANDS
- DOVEMAN AND TOM KALIN IN LA JULY 11th
- ISADORA RELEASE SINGLE “COME ON BACK”
- DAWN LANDES IN GQ MAGAZINE
- PAPERTWIN RELEASE “VOX HUMANA” EP
- DAWN LANDES PLAYS JUNE 11th
- “LOVE STRATEGIES” BY LOVERS AND REFLECTIONS